Tuesday 10 July 2012

Allow me to introduce myself.

Hello Guys (well and ladies too...)!!!

To say im excited would be the understatement of the year!! I finally found the will (and the balls too) to actually start my blog for real Arrggh!!! Only people close to me would understand the outburst. Before I go any further, like Jigga would say "Allow me to introduce my self" IamSplitlola and Of cause that statement doesn't come without a lot history too.

 I started singing in church after some five years on this place called earth and its really amazing how I knew even at that time that all i wanted to do was to sing and entertain people with my voice, and i have to say it.... I had a really Good "Pre-puberty voice"!!! and  that is not to say that i now sound like a frog the way most people do after puberty lol. I still have my vocal swagg on!!!... As time went by i started looking to go professional, and the oppourtunity came when my very good friend Bibi who's one of the most creative and relentless Nigerian artists I've ever come across asked me to feature on his first album  (Click to listen to one of Bibi's new singles - Superman High ft Timakori).  I immediately knew this was the opportunity i had being waiting for and my oh my, did i not grab it with both my hands.

Thinking about it now, I think I knew right from the day I made that decision that I couldn't live a normal life anymore. Much more would be expected from me and I was and still am ready to give beyond your expectations. Music has changed how i view life . Its almost impossible to describe that feeling you get when you're trying to explain a situation or scenario through the words of your song. It comes with  the most intense feeling of responsibility as you try to pass the right message across. Again like I said earlier its almost impossible to describe. Over the years, i have come to compose a little over thirty songs, and still counting. I'm  currently working on my first set of singles and it promises to be a huge success.

 The performing arts world is large and exciting and as I look to carve a niche for myself in it  I would like to carry you along with me. I would also like to say a BIG thank you  to my friends, fans and well wishers (enemies, critics and evil doers too.....lol) I've been getting a lot of support from you guys and you are the best anyone can wish for. Its been wonderful all the way and as much as asking for more would mean seeming greedy, im here once again to ask you to please visit my blog, post your comments and share the love tell your friends and your enemies too.  I am SplitLola, a  singer/performing artist, presenter and a "gbogbotigbo" entertainer and im always at your service.  And for you guys giving me professional advise, I say another BIG thankyou. I wonder what i would be able to do without you guys!! My only question is when would i start getting your services for free ;).... lol!!

Once again IamSplitLola and im over and Out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment